January 22, 2004
I have established there are four tasks that each reader of this blog needs to undertake in the next few days in order to improve the world:
1. The readership of this blog is stuck around the 150-175 people per day mark. That's not bad but it needs work. Especially given many of those hits are coming from my family. So let's all work together to improve the hits.
What can you do? If each reader simply introduces another new reader in the next week my mathematics tells me readership will double! For extra credit, bring in two new readers or more! Of course there's a prize* for the person responsible for the biggest lift in readership.
Some ways to tell people to read this blog:
Some times not to mention this blog:
2. Keep the baby names coming in and join the Big Vote in the sidebar.
3. It's a little late in the piece, but sending a vote for me in the Best Overseas Blog in the Australian Blog Awards means I'll receive more than the vote I put in for myself. Voting ends 25th January (Sunday). This is one all my fellow Hong Kong bloggers can help me with - let's all work together to show Aussies how well China can
4. Check out some of the favourite posts in the Favourite Post section of the sidebar (d'uh). There's some of my favourite posts in that section. Hence the Favourite Posts section title: "Favourite Posts".
* prizes are determined solely by me, will have little if any monetary value and probably include a lame joke.posted by Simon on 01.22.04 at 11:06 AM in the
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Send a manual trackback ping to this post.
Hitting the Links
Excerpt: Predictably, a lot of blogs have been focused on the Caucus results and the State of the Union speech... Bill graces us with the State of Bill's Ass. At Bill's request, Paul gives us his SOTU review. His observation of...
Weblog: Jennifer's History and Stuff
Tracked: January 22, 2004 06:51 PM
Excerpt: I’m finding the music industry versus file swappers war on a par with the Major League Baseball owners versus MLB Players Union war. I fall in behind one side even though both sides stink. In Major League Baseball, I always side with the players. I’m n...
Weblog: CrabAppleLane Blog
Tracked: January 22, 2004 08:06 PM
High and Healthy
Excerpt: No substantial blogging for a while. I've got issues and I'm all talked out. Again. Anyway, I have another Engrish image for tomorrow (it's funnier than today's), and if the talked-outness doesn't clear up by the day after, expect...
Tracked: January 23, 2004 01:59 AM
I think raising your stats will have something to do with Jim. He gets masses of hits a day, I don't really understand why, but like to Snooze Button Dreams often. Sell yourself there, baby. Seriously.posted by: Helen on 01.22.04 at 04:09 PM [permalink]
Well hey. 150-175 people per day? Looks like I'm not as much of a weenie as I thought I was. Or you're more of one. Whatever.
By the way, I wrote in for a ballot and never received it. =( I take it I'm part of the backlog they mention. Go me.posted by: Nicholas Liu on 01.22.04 at 09:00 PM [permalink]
I shall do my part. Just have to go find my pimp cane...posted by: Jim on 01.22.04 at 09:58 PM [permalink]
You get pimping there Jim...and there goes the pimp cane prize.posted by: Simon on 01.22.04 at 10:26 PM [permalink]
There's only so much that those of us without 'blogs and do for the effort. I did submit my ballot for you last week if that helps. Might I suggest calling in Helen for a guest blogging series titled "My exquisite breasts". Your site meter would be spinning fast enough to cut wood with it. Just a thought.
How did the bonus situation play out? And what color Ferrari did you order?
Thanks, Paul :)
Although, strangely enough, my stats seem permanently locked in the mid 500's.
I blame Jim.posted by: Helen on 01.23.04 at 03:25 PM [permalink]
Oh right, this is Simon's blog. DOH!
We now return you to all the ex-pat goodness that is Simon.posted by: Paul on 01.23.04 at 10:39 PM [permalink]